Mark Sherry, Ph.D. Associate Professor of Sociology, has developed a series of YouTube videos to support his teaching (particularly for online classes) and discuss books that his students are studying.
Below is one of these videos in which he discusses
“DES Daughters – Embodied Knowledge and the Transformation of Women’s Health Politics”
a book by Susan E. Bell
Online lecture highlights :
- An overview of Susan E. Bell’s book
- An overview of the DES Timeline
- The DES side effects experienced by DES Daughters and DES Sons
- The social action component of research and how DES activists forced medicine to change, how DES victims got together to force a federal task force to look into the DES issues and how a national registry was developed to record DES health issues
- An overview of Susan E. Bell’s DES studies
- How DES was marketed
- Assignments about real DES stories
- DES third generation
Video published on May 21, 2012 by Dr. Mark Sherry.
More DES DiEthylStilbestrol Resources
- DES studies on cancers and screening.
- DES studies on epigenetics and transgenerational effects.
- DES studies on fertility and pregnancy.
- DES studies on gender identity and psychological health.
- DES studies on in-utero exposure to DES and side-effects.
- DES studies on the genital tract.
- Papers on DES lawsuits.
- DES videos and posts tagged DES, the DES-exposed, DES victims.