“I leave in a constant state of fear” explains a 48 year-old DES daughter who recently took her DES story to court as part of a 53-woman civil law suit. She was diagnosed with breast cancer two years ago and like all these women she was exposed to DES before birth. In this poignant video, she and her mother tell us about the guilt, anger and fear attached to this drug and how it is affecting their day to day lives.
The women in this study were followed as part of the National Cancer Institutes (NCI)’s DES Follow-up Study, which began in 1992.
In addition, researchers are studying possible health effects on the grandchildren of mothers who took DES during pregnancy, because some of the genetic changes caused by DES exposure in the womb may be inherited.
- Read the article published on 02 February 2012 by 41ActionNews kshb.com.
More DES DiEthylStilbestrol Resources
- DES studies on cancers and screening.
- DES studies on epigenetics and transgenerational effects.
- DES studies on fertility and pregnancy.
- DES studies on gender identity and psychological health.
- DES studies on in-utero exposure to DES and side-effects.
- DES studies on the genital tract.
- Papers on DES lawsuits.
- DES videos and posts tagged DES, the DES-exposed, DES victims.