In this Oct. 2009 video on YouTube, Dr. Therese Bevers talks about new screening guidelines for cervical cancer. Women at increased risk have a higher chance of getting cervical cancer than women at average risk.
Women at increased risk include those who have:
- History of cervical cancer or severe cervical dysplasia (pre-cancer)
- Persistent Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) infection after age 30 (HPV testing not recommended in women younger than age 30)
- An immune system that does not function properly
- Been infected with Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
- Diethylstilbestrol DES exposure before birth
- Video by MD Anderson Cancer Center, Published on 22 Oct 2009
Find out more
- Watch our DES Videos in English playlist on YouTube.