The settlement, for an undisclosed sum, was reached on Day Two, after the first witness in the case, a Harvard public health doctor, testified that the drug DES, which was promoted by Lilly as a way to prevent miscarriages had indeed been shown to cause cancer. It also came after a lawyer for the sisters argued that Lilly had failed to test the drug’s effect on fetuses before promoting it.
Is a Settlement good enough?
…we believe the settlement is in the best interest of the company… …settling this trial helps us get back to what we want to focus on as a company; developing important new medications through research and partnerships with doctors and patients…
Eli Lilly statement said. So, in other words: “we can’t care less, that will keep them quiet and in the meantime we’ll continue to poison people” …
As a DES Daughter , I feel disgusted but happy for the Melnick sisters!
- Please sign the petition Let’s all convince Eli Lilly to adequately deal with the Reality of their Disaster – Time for Actions
- Watch Part1: Eli Lilly lawsuit – The Melnick sisters interview – Boston DES Breast Cancer trial
- Watch Part2: Eli Lilly lawsuit – When the Melnick sisters’ trial began – The McCarthy family interview
- Watch our compilation of DES Videos in English on DES Diethylstilbestrol website
- Subscribe to our Diethylstilboestrol video channel