Caitlin McCarthy, an English teacher at Worcester Technical High School, is the daughter of a woman given DES. Born in 1970, she found out in 2005 that her mother had taken it, but so far, is cancer-free. A DES daughter activist, she has written a documentary, Wonder Drug, about the DES fallout.
Caitlin says: ” Doctors need to know to give adequate care, and ask the right questions to assess breast cancer risk in their patients, and being a DES daughter is a big one… more funds are needed for better studies…”.
Read Judge OK’s suit against makers of anti-miscarriage drug
by Karen Nugent, January 19, 2012
More DES DiEthylStilbestrol Resources
- DES studies on cancers and screening.
- DES studies on epigenetics and transgenerational effects.
- DES studies on fertility and pregnancy.
- DES studies on gender identity and psychological health.
- DES studies on in-utero exposure to DES and side-effects.
- DES studies on the genital tract.
- Papers on DES lawsuits.
- DES videos and posts tagged DES, the DES-exposed, DES victims.