The conclusion of a 25 year prospective study published in the British Medical Journal in February of 2014 was that screening mammograms not only do not save lives but also lead to a 22% over-diagnosis that leads to unnecessary testing and treatment in women between the ages of 50 and 69.
Video by DoctorSaputo, published on 24 Feb 2014.
More info and Videos
- Cancer Statistics: the Difference between Survival and Mortality Rates.
- Twenty five year follow-up for breast cancer incidence and mortality of the Canadian National Breast Screening Study: randomised screening trial, BMJ 2014;348:g366 11 February 2014 – PDF
- The Swiss Medical Board recommends a reform in breast cancer screening and fewer mammograms, 6 February 2014 – full report
- DoctorSaputo library for “mammograms“.
- Tags Breast Cancer – Mammograms – Overdiagnosis – Screening.
- More videos and our DES Videos in English playlist on YouTube.