In a world first collaboration lead by Cancer Research UK, Amazon Web Services, Facebook and Google developers joined academics, scientists, gamers and designers for a weekend GameJam. Their aim was to transform Cancer Research UK’s cancer gene data into an engaging and playable game that would generate robust scientific analysis. In just 48 sleep deprived hours, this inspirational collaboration produced 12 gaming prototypes based on Cancer Research UK’s cancer gene data – truly epic achievement.
- Video by Cancer Research UK published on 25 Jul 2013.
- Play to Cure Genes in Space is a pioneering mobile phone game from Cancer Research UK, which lets players unravel real cancer data through a space game. What would have taken scientists hours to analyse, can now be done faster with your help and the collective force of thousands of players. Watch this to find out more about the game and see real game play.
- Download at the Apple App Store or Google Play.
- Play to Cure New Smartphone Apps: Help @CR_UK Beat Cancer Sooner through a Space Game.
- All our posts about Cancer Research UK and Health Apps.
- More videos and our DES Videos in English playlist on our YouTube channel.