One should notice that the chemical structure of DDT is very similar to Diethylstilbestrol (DES), the synthetic estrogen which was contraindicated by the FDA (1971) because it caused cervical cancer – adenocarcinoma of the vagina – in the daughters of women given DES during pregnancy.
- Historical clips on DDT, Rachel Carson and science explaining why humans pollute. Video put together for the MSc in Environmental Technology published on 18 Apr 2013 by NV atCEPImperial.
- Silent Spring by Rachel Carson, one of the most influential books of the twentieth century.
- Clip: The Bravery of Rachel Carson, billmoyers, May 15, 2014.
- Great Women in Medicine Rachel Carson, Jeffrey Dach MD, January 6, 2014.
- How ‘Silent Spring’ Ignited the Environmental Movement, nytimes, SEPT. 21, 2012.
- Margaret Atwood: Rachel Carson’s Silent Spring, 50 years on, theguardian, 7 December 2012.
- Watch more BPA and chemicals videos on our YouTube channel.