” Amost 20% of smartphone users have one or more applications on their device that helps them track or manage their health. It is estimated that by next year, 500 million smartphone users worldwide will be using a health app. There is no doubt that these apps are growing in popularity.
But are they actually beneficial to our health?
Or could they do more harm than good? “
- Do calorie-counting and fitness apps pull their weight?
- Could health apps be detrimental to health?
- No need for medical input when developing health app
- Sharing data with doctors
- Apple HealthKit – not necessarily ‘the beginning of a health revolution’
- The use of HealthKit in clinical trials