Increasing numbers of British parents are flying to the US for a controversial IVF treatment which allows them choose the sex of their baby…
- Selecting baby’s sex before birth is currently banned in the UK
- Many believe nature should decide and fear a population imbalance
- But US doctor says couples have the right to choose and more are
- His clinic sees 10 patients a month fly from UK for the treatment in the US
- 80 per cent of parents opt for a baby girl and 20 per cent want a boy
Sources and more information:
- Growing numbers of British parents going to America for controversial IVF treatment which allows them to choose sex of their baby for £7,600, DailyMail, 21 July 2014.
- Number of women travelling to America to choose sex of child rises 20%, telegraph, 21 Jul 2014.
- Dr. Daniel Potter travelled to London to discuss gender selection!, havingbabies blog, 25 July 2014.
- Number of British women travelling to USA to choose the sex of their baby on the rise, independent, 14 November 2014.