In his recent investigation about the FDA, fraud and misconduct in scientific studies of medicine, Charles Seife – Journalist, author, NYU professor – and his students revealed that the FDA routinely fails to report evidence of fraud or misconduct when it inspects the way researchers conduct clinical trials, leaving the public unaware of which research is credible and which is not.
Press Play > to listen to the recording.
Sources and more information
- Are Your Medications Safe?, slate, Feb. 9 2015.
- Research Misconduct Identified by the US Food and Drug AdministrationOut of Sight, Out of Mind, Out of the Peer-Reviewed Literature, JAMA Intern Med. Published online, doi:10.1001/jamainternmed.2014.7774, February 09, 2015.
- The FDA doesn’t tell you when it finds scientific fraud, theverge, February 9, 2015.
- FDA fails to report fraud in clinical trials – study, Reuters, February 10, 2015.
- Medical Fraud Missing From Public Record, sciencefriday, FEB. 13, 2015.