Pink ribbons are everywhere and make us feel good, as if we’re all engaged in a successful battle against breast cancer.
But who is really benefiting? After all, more and more women are diagnosed with breast cancer every year. Maybe it’s the companies who wrap their products in pink to gain our admiration (and money)… and wouldn’t it be something if some of the very companies that profit from their pink marketing campaigns have actually contributed to the breast cancer epidemic by selling known carcinogens?
Pink Ribbons, Inc. goes inside the story to reveal those who have co-opted what marketing experts have labeled a “dream cause.”
- Buy the DVD on firstrunfeatures.
- Watch the video: Breast Cancer and the Politics of Philanthropy.
- Watch the video: Breast cancer awareness effectiveness: do we ask the right questions?
- Our posts tagged PinkWashing and ReThinkThePink.
- Watch this health posters album on Flickr.
- Watch these pink washing videos on YouTube.