A major component of the National Academy of Sciences and the National Academy of Medicine’s Human Gene-Editing Initiative is an international summit to take place December 1-3 in Washington, D.C. Co-hosted with the Chinese Academy of Sciences and the U.K.’s Royal Society, the summit will convene experts from around the world to discuss the scientific, ethical, and governance issues associated with human gene-editing research.
- Website and live webcast,
visit The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine.
- For latests tweets, checkout the tag #GeneEditSummit.
- Customized Human Genes: New Promises and Perils, ScientificAmerican report.
- Scientists debate ethics of human gene editing at international summit, theGuardian.
- Scientists Seek Moratorium on Edits to Human Genome That Could Be Inherited, NYtimes.
- You’re Only Human, But Your Kids Could Be So Much More, wired, 12.01.15.