Nederlands tijdschrift voor geneeskunde, NCBI PubMed PMID: 17557761, 2007 May 26.
This is unique in the world because the arrangement covers the entire range of DES-related disorders and individual persons do not have to start an expensive and emotionally taxing legal procedure with uncertain outcome, which would last several years. Individuals can now be compensated based on medical evidence of DES exposure and the presence of a DES-related disorder covered by the settlement.
In close collaboration with the DES Centre (an association of DES victims) a careful procedure was followed before this settlement was realised. The Dutch Expert Committee on DES-related Health Effects first reviewed the literature for evidence and established a list of disorders with a causal association with DES. For each DES-related disorder covered by the settlement, the appropriate compensation was determined by the attributive risk and the severity of the disease. The Dutch collective settlement is the result of close collaboration between all parties involved.
More DES DiEthylStilbestrol Resources
- DES studies on cancers and screening.
- DES studies on epigenetics and transgenerational effects.
- DES studies on fertility and pregnancy.
- DES studies on gender identity and psychological health.
- DES studies on in-utero exposure to DES and side-effects.
- DES studies on the genital tract.
- Papers on DES lawsuits.
- DES videos and posts tagged DES, the DES-exposed, DES victims.