Children, including adolescents, are exposed to a variety of hazards from the environments in which they live, learn and play.
Environmental exposures start in the womb, and can have effects throughout life.
Early exposure to environmental risks contributes to childhood cancers.
- Official Twitter account of the World Health Organization, the United Nations’ health agency. WHO PHE infographics.
- 10 facts on children’s environmental health, WHO, March 2017.
- Inheriting a sustainable world: Atlas on children’s health and the environment, WHO pdf (4Mb), March 2017.
- The cost of a polluted environment: 1.7 million child deaths a year, WHO News release, 6 MARCH 2017.
- Preventing disease through healthy environments, MARCH 2016.
- Enjoy our health infographics album on Flickr.