Roche decision to remove the drug from the prescribed medicines list means that its cost can no longer be covered by the state…
“There is a need to develop strong and systematic synergies in the policy area of pharmaceuticals, particularly on bargaining power in order to prevent unfair trading practices that are especially inappropriate in this very sensitive area,”
the Greek Council delegation said, adding that the case goes beyond narrow national interests.
More Information – Press Releases
- Drug pricing debate to take place in heated atmosphere, euractiv, December 8, 2017.
- Athens brings its dispute with pharma industry to the EU Council, euractiv, November 24, 2017.
- Pharmaceutical company gives free access to drug after clash with Greek government, euractiv, Nov 2, 2017.
- Greek health minister fumes at pharmaceutical company after drug withdrawal, euractiv, October 31, 2017.
- Pharmaceutical company withdraws oncology drug from Greek market, euractiv, Oct 30, 2017.
- Greek government on collision course with pharmaceutical companies over innovative drugs, euractiv, Oct 25, 2017.
- New Commission study fuels generic drugs industry ‘manufacturing dispute’, euractiv, Oct 13, 2017.
- Special Report – Protecting innovation in the pharmaceuticals market, euractiv, Oct 13, 2017.
- Southern EU states present unified front in drug talks, euractiv, May 10, 2017.