Mental health watchdog Citizens Commission on Human Rights said the report issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on the 10,000 toddlers being prescribed ADHD drugs, is only the tip of the iceberg regarding children being prescribed psychiatric drugs in the U.S. According to documents CCHR obtained from IMS health, more than 274,000 0-1 year olds are being prescribed psychiatric drugs and a staggering 370,000 toddlers.
- Are psychiatric diagnoses reliable in such young children?
- Why are tens of thousands of children getting drugs outside guidelines?
- What is the most humane way to manage behavior changes in children?
Sources and more information
- Why Are So Many Toddlers Taking Psychiatric Drugs?, wsj experts, Feb 19, 2015.
- Medical insanity: Over 10,000 American toddlers now on mind-altering medications for ADHD, naturalnews, June 02, 2014.
- Thousands of Toddlers Are Medicated for A.D.H.D., Report Finds, Raising Worries, nytimes, MAY 16, 2014.
- Watchdog Says Report of 10,000 Toddlers on ADHD Drugs Tip of the Iceberg—274,000 0-1 Year Olds and 370,000 Toddlers Prescribed Psychiatric Drugs, cchrint, 2014/05/21.
- Continued Increases in ADHD Diagnoses and Treatment With Medication Among U.S. Children, elsevier, November 22, 2013.
2 thoughts on “ADHD treatment: drugs now being given to infants and toddlers in unprecedented numbers”
Interesting stuff for our centre @ Fedasil >> I think we treat the ADHD Asylum seekers wrong at the moment!