Air pollution is the greatest environmental risk to children’s health.
Every year air pollution kills 570,000 children. With all the challenges children face, the air they breathe shouldn’t be one of them.
Exposure to air pollution may also increase children’s lifelong risk of heart disease, stroke and cancer.
- Official Twitter account of the World Health Organization, the United Nations’ health agency. WHO PHE infographics.
- 10 facts on children’s environmental health, WHO, March 2017.
- Inheriting a sustainable world: Atlas on children’s health and the environment, WHO pdf (4Mb), March 2017.
- The cost of a polluted environment: 1.7 million child deaths a year, WHO News release, 6 MARCH 2017.
- Preventing disease through healthy environments, MARCH 2016.
- Enjoy our health infographics album on Flickr.