Regarding U.S. turkey growers, we asked you: “do you know why our modern super turkeys cannot mate?” and warned you about turkey farmers once using the DES hormone for faster growth. Martha Rosenberg confirms that the extreme production methods used to deliver plump turkeys in time for Thanksgiving are enough to make you lose your appetite:
- Arsenic and Other Feed Additives
- Clostridium difficile or “C Diff”
- Human Drugs…and Drinks
- Resistant Salmonella and Other Superbugs
- Diseases From Fast Growth Production
- Degraded Meat Quality From Fast Growth Production
- Extreme Cruelty To Animals
- Read Turkey Alert: Beware of Lies About Natural Growth, Chemicals and Humane Treatment, alternet, November 22, 2016.
- Read Prozac, Arsenic and Beer in Your Turkey? 9 Creepy Things To Know About Your Holiday Meal, by Martha Rosenberg, 13 Nov 2013.
- Read Turkey at $1.38 a Pound Sounds Great. Until You Think About What That Means, by Tom Philpott, 27 Nov 2013.
2 thoughts on “Antibiotics, Arsenic, Diseases and Human Drugs in your Turkey for Thanksgiving”
Oeps! Thanks for the Info!
you are welcome