Evidence-based medicine (EBM) refers to the application of the best available research to clinical care, which requires the integration of evidence with clinical expertise and patient values.
- Why is research evidence better than expert opinion alone?
- What studies are more reliable?
- Why we shouldn’t read studies
- Why we should read systematic reviewsThree reasons why we shouldn’t read (most) systematic reviews
- Three alternatives to access the best evidence?
- Pick the best systematic review
- Read trustworthy guidelines
- Use point-of-care tools
- The future
Read What is the best evidence and how to find it, bestpractice.bmj, 2019.