January 2012, in a blow to pharmaceutical companies, a federal judge agreed to let experts testify that a pregnant woman’s use of synthetic estrogen increases the risk of her daughter developing breast cancer.
In a case filed in 2011 in the District of Massachusetts, 53 DES daughters with breast cancer sued 14 pharmaceutical companies, including Eli Lilly and Co., Merck & Co., and Bristol-Myers Squibb. They allege that their exposure to the drug substantially increased their risk of contracting breast cancer.
Last week, U.S. Magistrate Judge Marianne Bowler agreed that the plaintiffs can have experts testify about the DES-cancer link.
Read Courthouse News Service article, January 25, 2012.
More DES DiEthylStilbestrol Resources
- DES studies on cancers and screening.
- DES studies on epigenetics and transgenerational effects.
- DES studies on fertility and pregnancy.
- DES studies on gender identity and psychological health.
- DES studies on in-utero exposure to DES and side-effects.
- DES studies on the genital tract.
- Papers on DES lawsuits.
- DES videos and posts tagged DES, the DES-exposed, DES victims.