March 2017 : MPs have welcomed a Sky investigation, which revealed how hormone pregnancy tests may have caused malformations and even deaths.
Around 1.5 million women in Britain in the 1960s and 1970s took Primodos in the early stages of pregnancy. Some say their pregnancies resulted in miscarriage or birth defects.
Sky News’ hour-long documentary Primodos: The Secret Drug Scandal is presented by senior political correspondent Jason Farrell, who has been investigating it for six years.
Sky News revealed how documents were destroyed and information withheld about a drug that may have deformed and killed babies in the womb.
- Sky News March 2017 press releases:
- Calls for public inquiry over Primodos pregnancy drug after Sky News documentary, Sky News, March 2017.
- Primodos: Sky News exposes pregnancy drug cover-up on Sky News, March 2017.
- ‘Taking Primodos caused me lifetime of regret‘: The story of mother Marie Lyon, Sky News, March 2017.
- UK pregnancy test drug Primodos used for abortions in Germany, Sky News, March 2017.
- Maria Eagle speeches:
- Sign the petition : Expose cover up of Hormone Pregnancy Tests on 38degrees.
- Our blog posts about the primodos pregnancy test drug.
- Watch more videos about prescription drugs side-effects on YouTube.