DES, Federal Food Regulation, and Consumer Confidence
Cancer from Beef uses the DES story to explore the intersection of institutional science, government rule making, and growing skepticism in popular attitudes toward both public protection and scientific authority. Marcus concludes that DES provides a case study in the attempt to control uncertainty in our lives when neither science nor government seem effective. The DES debate thus reflects a postmodern American accommodation with doubt, moral relativism, and the rueful calculus of cost and benefit.
Book review, muse, 1996.
DES in meat
- How did You get your Dose of DES? with Chicken, Turkey, Beef or Vitamin Supplement?
- My Year of Meats, by Ruth Ozeki.
- Watch @DES_Journal diaporama and DES books album on
- If you already have a flickr® account, add us as a contact
- Email your photos to email@example.com with a short description and title
More DES DiEthylStilbestrol Resources
- All our posts tagged DES, the DES-exposed and DES victims.
- DES studies on cancer, breast cancer, CCA, vaginal cancer, screening.
- DES studies on fertility, gender identity, pregnancy.
- DES studies on in-utero exposure to DES and DES side-effects.
- DES articles on lawsuits and various studies.