Carrying out a virus test before traditional cervical screening could prevent around 600 cases of cancer a year in England, research suggests. Scientists found that more than 40% of 8,750 women with cervical cancer had received a negative screening test result within six years of their diagnosis. They then predicted how many more cases of cervical cancer would have been avoided if human papilloma virus (HPV) testing had been used ahead of screening for abnormal cells.
- Read Cervical Cancer Could Be Prevented By Earlier HPV Tests, Study Suggests, The Huffington Post UK, 14/06/2013.
- Clinical Human Papillomavirus Detection Forecasts Cervical Cancer Risk in Women Over 18 Years of Follow-Up, American Society of Clinical Oncology, September 1, 2012.
- HPV Tests for Cervical Cancer Detection at earlier Stages in the UK #NHS.
- Screening: is the #HPV Test better #Cancer Screen Method than Pap Smear?
Exposed to DES?
- See the Chart highlighting today’s increased health risks…
they are 40 times higher for CCA…
- Regarding Pap Tests: get an annual Pap Smear.
- Cervical Cancer – Ovarian Cancer – Pap Tests – Screening.
DES DiEthylStilbestrol Resources
- DES studies on cancers and screening.
- DES studies on epigenetics and transgenerational effects.
- DES studies on fertility and pregnancy.
- DES studies on gender identity and psychological health.
- DES studies on in-utero exposure to DES and side-effects.
- DES studies on the genital tract.
- Papers on DES lawsuits.
- DES videos and posts tagged DES, the DES-exposed, DES victims.