” … China has been making noise about trace residue of ractopamine hydrochloride in pork imported from here. This is a drug to improve the ratio of lean meat to fat and is approved as a feed additive in our country but banned in China, the European Union and some other countries. It is sold by Elanco, the ag division of Eli Lilly, under the brand name Paylean ... ”
” … The United States has long been more tolerant of drugs and hormones as feed additives than most other countries, especially those in Europe. The current dispute mimics a long one we had with the European Union about residues of diethylstilbestrol and other growth-promoting hormones in U.S. beef exports … ”
Read about two current agricultural trade disputes which mimic a long dispute between the U.S. and the EU about DES in beef exports … Eli Lilly is once again involved …!!!!
Read Real World Economics: Players in trade disputes often play both sides
via twincities, 02/20/2013 .
DES DiEthylStilbestrol Resources
- DES studies on cancers and screening.
- DES studies on epigenetics and transgenerational effects.
- DES studies on fertility and pregnancy.
- DES studies on gender identity and psychological health.
- DES studies on in-utero exposure to DES and side-effects.
- DES studies on the genital tract.
- Papers on DES lawsuits.
- DES videos and posts tagged DES, the DES-exposed, DES victims.
4 thoughts on “China finds Paylean trace in US Pork Exports”
Reblogged this on bizGENIUS with Sonia Myers and commented:
Just what we need – hopefully the Chinese government will give them something to think about….
Glad you liked the post 🙂 Many thanks Sonia
Reblogged this on charlieslang.
Thank you very much Charles