China has fewer and often lower food safety standards, and about one fourth of the current standards have not been updated for more than ten years.
The gap between Chinese and EU standards is especially large.
For example, China’s maximum residual limit of diethylstilbestrol (DES) is 0.25/kg, 250 times that of the EU (0.001 mg/kg).
Are you a fan of Chinese herbal products?
Read more about the astonishing findings of two reports …
Fatal Misperception: How Unsafe Is Chinese Food?
by Yanzhong Huang, 10 July 10 2013.
More DES DiEthylStilbestrol Resources
- DES studies on cancers and screening.
- DES studies on epigenetics and transgenerational effects.
- DES studies on fertility and pregnancy.
- DES studies on gender identity and psychological health.
- DES studies on in-utero exposure to DES and side-effects.
- DES studies on the genital tract.
- Papers on DES lawsuits.
- DES videos and posts tagged DES, the DES-exposed, DES victims.