Quite technical but very interesting article which helps understand some of the EU legislation that authorizes collective actions. DES is cited as an example for collective settlements in The Netherlands.
Read European Union: Brave New Old World – Collective Redress In Europe – Part 1, by Louise Moher, January 9 2012
- The Diverse Approaches to Collective Redress in Europe
- Seeking Guidance from the European Union on Multi-Jurisdictional Issues
- Proposals and Debate Regarding European Union Harmonizing Legislation
- The Jurisdictional Competence of the European Union to Enact Harmonizing Legislation
- Europe’s Multi-Jurisdictional Nightmare Explained
- The Royal Dutch/Shell Settlement May Be a Turning Point
Read papers on DES lawsuits.