We need safe and appropriate medicine use between consumers and healthcare providers
- You get the brand name over generic
- You mix your meds with the wrong foods (or drinks)
- You don’t check your Rx label at the pharmacy
- You don’t talk to your pharmacist
- You store your meds in the wrong spots
- You don’t dispose of old meds properly
” you still need to be cautious when it comes to any drug…”
Sources and more information:
- 6 Prescription Mistakes You’re Making,
News.Health, October 8, 2014.
- “Talk About Your Medicines” Month, NCPIE, October 2014
- Know Your Source: Protecting Patients from Unsafe Drugs,
FDA ucm389121, 09/23/2014 .