Womenshealth.gov put out this great guide to cosmetics,
but content was last updated: July 16, 2012…
- What are cosmetics? How are they different from over-the-counter (OTC) drugs?
- What’s in cosmetics?
- What is the role of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the cosmetic industry?
- Are cosmetics safe?
- How can I protect myself against the dangers of cosmetics?
- What are “cosmeceuticals?”
- How long do cosmetics last?
- What are hypoallergenic cosmetics?
- Can cosmetics cause acne?
- Are tattoos and permanent make-up safe?
- Are cosmetic products with alpha hydroxy acids safe?
- What precautions should I follow when using AHA products?
- Are hair dyes safe?
- What precautions should I take when I dye my hair?
- Are lead acetates safe in hair dyes?
- Is it safe to dye my hair when I’m pregnant?
- More information on cosmetics and your health
Want more info?
- All our posts tagged safe cosmetics.
- MedlinePlus cosmetics library.
- Test your knowledge ; take this FDA online quiz.