Hormones Matter, an online and community publication dedicated to advancing hormone-health research, is raising awareness about the DES drug scandal. DES Daughter Network joins their team of guest writers.
Read “DES – The Drug to Prevent Miscarriage Ruins Lives of Millions” full article on Hormones Matter, Feb 5, 2013 .
More DES DiEthylStilbestrol Resources
- DES studies on cancers and screening.
- DES studies on epigenetics and transgenerational effects.
- DES studies on fertility and pregnancy.
- DES studies on gender identity and psychological health.
- DES studies on in-utero exposure to DES and side-effects.
- DES studies on the genital tract.
- Papers on DES lawsuits.
- DES videos and posts tagged DES, the DES-exposed, DES victims.
One thought on “A DES Daughter’s Testimonial Makes Top Story on Hormones Matter Blog”
We’re grateful to Lucine Women Community / Hormones Matter for raising awareness of the DES drug disaster. It’s important to note that DES was also prescribed in Australia where it is estimated that more than 740,000 have been exposed to the drug. In Australia, it was prescribed from the early 1940’s to the 1970’s for the same reasons as in the US, Canada and other countries. It was also prescribed during the controversial adoption process in the late 1960′s and early 1970′s. It was administered to prevent lactation in unmarried mothers forced to give their babies at birth under Australia’s adoption policies and laws. Carol Devine, Founder and coordinator of DES Action Australia (NSW) is working extremely hard to put the issue on the public agenda since the 1970’s when the issue came to light. DES truly is a worldwide tragedy!