Women whose mothers took a common pregnancy drug are at risk of early menopause, research shows. A study of thousands of women revealed that those who were exposed to the ‘wonder drug’ DES in the womb were 50 per cent more likely to start the menopause early.
Read more: Pregnancy drug linked to an early menopause, by FIONA MACRAE, last updated 15 August 2006.
DES and Menopause – Studies
- Age at natural Menopause in Women exposed to DiEthylStilbestrol in Utero – 2006
- Effects on the Menstrual Cycle of in Utero Exposure to DiEthylStilbestrol – 1994
- The association between in utero cigarette smoke exposure and age at menopause – 2008.
- Prenatal diethylstilbestrol exposure and reproductive hormones in premenopausal women – 2015
More DES DiEthylStilbestrol Resources
- DES studies on cancers and screening.
- DES studies on epigenetics and transgenerational effects.
- DES studies on fertility and pregnancy.
- DES studies on gender identity and psychological health.
- DES studies on in-utero exposure to DES and side-effects.
- DES studies on the genital tract.
- Papers on DES lawsuits.
- DES videos and posts tagged DES, the DES-exposed, DES victims.
2 thoughts on “DES linked to an Early Menopause”
Reblogged this on charlieslang.
Thank you Charles