Look Good, Feel Better is a program run by the Personal Care Products Council and the American Cancer Society; they hold free workshops that give beauty tips and complimentary makeup kits to women in cancer treatment—support that some women understandably value while facing a cancer diagnosis.
The downside? Many of the products offered to women in Look Good, Feel Better make-up kits contain chemicals linked to increased cancer risk and some of the chemicals may actually interfere with breast cancer treatment.
Demand these multi-million dollar industry giants stop pinkwashing and start protecting women’s health.
Sources and more information
- Read Katy’s full story, I’m Outraged I Was Given Toxic Cosmetics.
- Poison Isn’t Pretty, BC Action campaign brief.
- Poison Isn’t Pretty, BC Action press release.
- BC Action #ThinkBeforeYouPink campaigns.
- Our posts tagged PinkWashing, ReThinkThePink and Safe Cosmetics.