Got unused meds in need of disposal? EcoMythsAlliance experts recommend against flushing… and for safe take-back programs.
Sources and more information:
- Myth: Flushing Old Meds Is the Safest Disposal Method,
EcoMythsAlliance, February 25th, 2013.
- Birds, Fish, aquatic Life exposed to Drugs in Lake Michigan.
- Excessive amount of antibiotics found in Chinese waters threatens health of millions, ecosystems.
- Exposure to widespread metformin diabetes drug in wastewater feminizes male fish, impacts fertility.
- What to do about all the hormonally active drugs at concentrations found in our environment?.
- Watch this health cartoons, comics album on Flickr