1983 Study Abstract
From the Diethylstilbestrol Registry, an analysis of 57 cases of genital clear cell adenocarcinoma is presented from the state of California, the most populous state in the United States. Approximately two-thirds of these patients have positive histories of prenatal diethylstilbestrol exposure.
The majority of patients had early-stage genital cancer. Generally, early-stage clear cell cancer is successfully treated with radical pelvic surgery. A carefully structured screening program of the DES exposed patient is advised.
Sources and more information
- International surgery, Johnston GA Jr, Jones HA., 1983 Jul-Sep;68(3):257-61, NCBI PMID: 6662641.
More DES DiEthylStilbestrol Resources
- DES studies on cancers and screening.
- DES studies on epigenetics and transgenerational effects.
- DES studies on fertility and pregnancy.
- DES studies on gender identity and psychological health.
- DES studies on in-utero exposure to DES and side-effects.
- DES studies on the genital tract.
- Papers on DES lawsuits.
- DES videos and posts tagged DES, the DES-exposed, DES victims.