What is the harm in health apps – none, right? And surely they can only be good at enhancing healthy behaviors? Or:
- are there too many apps of too little value?
- are there lots of potential for otherwise healthy people to get unhealthily worried – obsessed even – about their normal health?.
Press Play > to listen to the recording.
Sources and more information
- Can healthy people benefit from health apps?, BMJ 2015;350:h1887, 14 April 2015.
- What is the point of health apps when we are healthy?, medicalnewstoday, Wednesday 15 April 2015.
- Report Questions Whether Health Apps Benefit Healthy People, nytimes, APRIL 14, 2015.