More people than we think have been exposed to DES because it was used to support faster growth in cattle ,chicken, turkeys in meats and poultry up through the 70’s. After the 70’s regardless of DES’ illegal status farmers were still using it with no regards to the consequences of their actions …
As Ruth Ozeki learns about the meat industry she starts to realize how many issues there are within it. One of the issues she discusses is the growth hormone DES that was used to support faster growth in cattle and chicken in meats and poultry up through the 70’s.
Read The Truth about Diethylstilbestrol, by John Krueger, May 2012
- Diethylstilbestrol found in Veal Meat and in Baby Food – 1980 Germany Food Scandal.
- Read the Stilbosol story and all our posts tagged Stilbosol.
- My Year of Meats, by Ruth Ozeki, 1999.
- Cancer from Beef: DES, Federal Food Regulation, and Consumer Confidence, by Marcus, Alan I, 1994.
- The Newest Knowledge of Nutrition: Wise Burroughs, DES, and Modern Meat, by Marcus, Alan I. 1993.
More DES DiEthylStilbestrol Resources
- DES studies on cancers and screening.
- DES studies on epigenetics and transgenerational effects.
- DES studies on fertility and pregnancy.
- DES studies on gender identity and psychological health.
- DES studies on in-utero exposure to DES and side-effects.
- DES studies on the genital tract.
- Papers on DES lawsuits.
- DES videos and posts tagged DES, the DES-exposed, DES victims.