The Baby Business – Four Corners, May 31, 2016.
An Australian documentary has claimed that women over 40 are being misled about their chances of conceiving via IVF treatment when using their own eggs.
An investigation by the current affairs documentary Four Corners, on ABC, explained that chances of having a live birth per cycle following IVF treatment using their own fresh eggs were:
- almost 6% for women aged 41-42 years old,
- reduced to just under 3% for women aged 43–44 years old,
- limited to a mere 1% for women over the age of 45.
- IVF doctors misleading women about success rates, industry experts say, abc.net.au, 30 May 2016.
- How women are being misled about the success rates of IVF, dailymail, 30 May 2016.
- Watch our medical research video playlist on YouTube.