Researchers in the United Kingdom reported in a study – Topiramate in pregnancy: preliminary experience from the UK Epilepsy and Pregnancy Register – an increase in birth defects among children born to mothers taking the antiseizure medications valproate and/or topiramate (Topomax) – also widely prescribed in the US for migraine.
Read UK Pregnancy Study Finds Slight Increase in Birth Defects with Topiramate, Neurology Today, 2009.
- Watch “The Truth about Pills and Pregnancy” video.
- Watch “The Wales Report Dangers of Epilim in Pregnancy” video.
- Whether exposure to AntiEpileptic #Drugs in Utero has an effect on early Child Development, Study.
- Do you think that it is all right to take Drugs while Pregnant?
- Could a Pregnant Woman’s Exposure to Drugs alter the Brains of her GrandChildren?
- Find out about DES exposure and the long-term health effects associated with prenatal exposure to DES drug.
2 thoughts on “Increase in Birth Defects with Topiramate and Valproate Drugs”
Reblogged this on Laitom's Blog.
thanks a lot Tom