What is #SmearForSmear?
Smear tests (cervical screening) save 5,000 lives a year yet one in five women who are eligible to attend do not take up their invitation.
For young women aged 25-29 this rises to one in three.
#SmearForSmear allows you to remind people of the importance of smear tests by sharing your lipstick smear selfie and nominating your friends to do the same.
Together we can help prevent cervical cancer.
- Put on your lipstick.
- Smear your lipstick and take a selfie.
- Use #SmearForSmear and @JoTrust then nominate a friend.
- Share your selfie on social media.
- Text ‘CCPW01 £3‘ to 70070 to donate now and support jostrust work. Or donate online.
- Results for #SmearForSmear on Twitter. JoTrust campaign page.
- Cervical cancer: Charity urges women to post messy lipstick selfies to promote smear tests, independent, 25 January 2015.
- #SmearForSmear: Charity urges public to join smeared lipstick selfies campaign to fight cervical cancer, itv, 25 January 2015.
- Social Media Campaign To Fight Cervical Cancer, news.sky, 26 January 2015.
- ARE SMEARED LIPSTICK SELFIES THE NEW ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE?, Elle, JAN 27, 2015.