A special investigation into how the new pig superbug LA-MRSA is spreading onto our plates and into our bodies. Watch the disturbing results of the Guardian’s food tests in four of Britain’s biggest supermarkets, where the superbug has been found in pork. It’s not deadly – but factory pigs overdosing on antibiotics is the latest twist on the long road that, microbiologists warn, will make antibiotics so useless that more of us will be die from antibiotic-resistant drugs than from cancer by 2050.
- Video published on 18 Jun 2015 by TheGuardian.
- DETECTION OF LIVESTOCK-ASSOCIATED METICILLIN-RESISTANT STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUS CC398 IN RETAIL PORK, UNITED KINGDOM, FEBRUARY 2015, Eurosurveillance, 18 June 2015.
- MRSA superbug found in supermarket pork raises alarm over farming risks, theguardian, 18 June 2015.
- What is the superbug LA-MRSA CC398 and why is it spreading on farms?, theguardian, 18 June 2015.
- MRSA infection, NHS Choices, 27/04/2015.
- List of MRSA studies and LA MRSA CC398 studies.
- Watch more research videos on @DES_Journal YT channel.