In a small town north of Baltimore, a man has made a career out of making women become whole again. After preventative mastectomies, women are left with, usually, a reconstruction, but no nipples. Vinnie Myers of Little Vinnie’s Tattoo Shop helps clients traveling from all parts of the world who want to get his one of a kind 3D nipple tattoos.
- Nipple tattoos and their Michelangelo, BBC News, 21 Dec 2013
- Tattoo artist Vinnie Myers, making breast cancer survivors whole again, Washington Times, October 25, 2013
- The tattoo artist transforming mastectomy patients’ scarred chests with incredible three-dimensional nipple inkings,
The Daily Mail, 22 October 2012
Frequently Asked Questions:
- When can I get nipple tattoos done?
- Is it possible to tattoo a reconstructed nipple?
- If you have implant-only reconstruction, is there any risk for the tattoo needle accidentally puncturing the implant?
- Can you correct a tattoo done in the plastic surgeon’s office?
- What’s the difference between inks used in the doctor’s office and tattoo shops?
- Will getting a nipple tattoo hurt?
- How much can I expect one or two nipple tattoos to cost?
- How do I find a tattoo artist to do my tattoos?
- Do I need a consultation with the tattoo artist ahead of time?
- How long will it take to create the tattoo?
- How long will the tattoo(s) take to heal?
- How does the color of the tattoo change over time?
- Read Vinnie Myers, 3-D Nipple Tattoo Artist: FAQs,
BreastCancer.org, September 4th, 2013
- UK Contact: Richard Burley website