Statistics show about 90% of pregnant women in USA take at least one medication, and 70% take at least one prescription drug.
The Food and Drug Administration estimates medicines taken during pregnancy result in 10% or more of birth defects.
- Pregnancy & prescription drugs, by Rachel Leigh, May 2013
- Evaluating the Risks of Drug Exposure in Human Pregnancies
- Over-the-Counter Medications in Pregnancy, June 2013
- Anti-Depressants in Pregnancy: is there Evidence of Benefit?
by the Canadian Women’s Health Network
- Do you think that it is all right to take Drugs while Pregnant?
- IVF on Steroids:
the Dangerous Off-Label use of ‘Dex’ during Pregnancy
- Find out more about DES pregnancy risks
- All our posts tagged fda – miscarriage – pregnancy