This searing indictment, Dr. David Healy‘s most comprehensive and forceful argument against the pharmaceuticalization of medicine, tackles problems in health care that are leading to a growing number of deaths and disabilities. Dr. David Healy, who was the first to draw attention to the now well-publicized suicide-inducing side effects of many anti-depressants, attributes our current state of affairs to three key factors: product rather than process patents on drugs, the classification of certain drugs as prescription-only, and industry-controlled drug trials. These developments have tied the survival of pharmaceutical companies to the development of blockbuster drugs, so that they must overhype benefits and deny real hazards. Dr. David Healy further explains why these trends have basically ended the possibility of universal health care in the United States and elsewhere around the world. He concludes with suggestions for reform of our currently corrupted evidence-based medical system.
- More information: Pharmageddon is the story of a tragedy
- Book preview and reviews on Amazon
- Related post: Data Based Medicine: ALL Prescription Drugs have Benefits AND Side Effects
- Diaporama – more DES books photos on flickr®
- If you already have a flickr® account, add us as a contact…
- Email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a short description and title