A cohort study – Association of Exposure to Diethylstilbestrol During Pregnancy With Multigenerational Neurodevelopmental Deficits – published May 21, 2018, shows that prenatal diethylstilbestrol exposure may lead to neurodevelopmental disorders across several generations : DES grandchildren are more likely to be diagnosed with ADHD (36% to 63%).
The audio summary above reviews the cohort study that uses Nurses’ Health Study data to investigate associations between diethylstilbestrol (DES) use in pregnancy and self-reported development of ADHD in grandchildren.
More DES DiEthylStilbestrol Resources
- DES studies on cancers and screening.
- DES studies on epigenetics and transgenerational effects.
- DES studies on fertility and pregnancy.
- DES studies on gender identity and psychological health.
- DES studies on in-utero exposure to DES and side-effects.
- DES studies on the genital tract.
- Papers on DES lawsuits.
- DES videos and posts tagged DES, the DES-exposed, DES victims.