Six dietary guidelines – for anyone concerned about their cancer risk – are unveiled in the June 30 issue of the Journal of the American College of Nutrition.
- Limit dairy products (prostate cancer)
- Limit alcohol (cancers of the mouth, pharynx, larynx, esophagus, colon, rectum, and breast)
- Limit red and processed meats (cancers of the colon and rectum)
- Limit grilled, fried, and broiled meats (cancers of the colon, rectum, breast, prostate, kidney, and pancreas)
- Eat more soy products (breast cancer)
- Eat more fruits and vegetables (several common forms of cancer)
Read Researchers Unveil Six Dietary Guidelines for Cancer Prevention, Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, News Release, June 9, 2014