Pesticides are chemicals designed to be toxic, and in many cases their toxic nature can be harmful to our health and the environment.
Mounting scientific evidence of the harm to human health and the environment from current pesticide use prompted the European Union (EU) to introduce a package of new laws to reduce our pesticide dependency. However, many Governments are being slow about carrying out the laws.
The toolkit is aimed at community groups and individuals wishing to reduce pesticide use in their communities and local areas. HEAL has drawn on experience of international pesticides and health campaigns to create a 6 step guide packed full of examples and model campaign materials.
- What’s the problem?
- The lay of the land
- Pin-pointing objectives
- Reaching your audience
- Sharing best practice and building momentum
- Keeping up the momentum – sharing information
Sources and more information
- Six steps to pesticide reduction: A HEAL toolkit for communities and individuals wishing to reduce local pesticide use, HEAL, 2 July 2011.
- Flickr album DES and EDCs Research.
- Our pesticides video playlist and posts tagged pesticides.