Daughters of women prescribed DES have also been prone to cancer.
Anne Needham, who as a young woman had a hysterectomy for cancer, sued White Laboratories, makers of a DES drug.
Lawrence S. Charfoos – an attorney in the litigation – and Stephen Fenichell detail the case and provide a history of DES development, research linking it early to cancer, the FDA’s approval, the pharmaceutical company promotion, and the medical community’s involvement.
- Watch the Diaporama, and the DES books photo set on
- If you already have a flickr® account, add us as a contact.
Email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short description and title
More DES DiEthylStilbestrol Resources
- DES studies on cancers and screening.
- DES studies on epigenetics and transgenerational effects.
- DES studies on fertility and pregnancy.
- DES studies on gender identity and psychological health.
- DES studies on in-utero exposure to DES and side-effects.
- DES studies on the genital tract.
- Papers on DES lawsuits.
- DES videos and posts tagged DES, the DES-exposed, DES victims.