Big Pharma, Drug Dealers…
The drugs to be careful of are many
Check out the list of drugs which were passed as safe for human consumption on the back of animal tests and the damage which they subsequently caused. Shocking!
Shenali Waduge covers:
- How the Pharmacy business started
- Pharmaceutical Frauds
- Be Aware of These Drugs
- Fake Drugs
- Kickbacks to Doctors
- Curing AIDS and Cancers
Read: Can We Trust The Doctors And Pharmaceutical Companies?, by Shenali Waduge, 08 July, 2012.
Ben Goldacre puts the $600bn global pharmaceutical industry under the microscope
How drug companies mislead doctors and harm patients
From amazon.co.uk : ” Ben Goldacre puts the $600bn global pharmaceutical industry under the microscope. What he reveals is a fascinating, terrifying mess.
Doctors and patients need good scientific evidence to make informed decisions. But instead, companies run bad trials on their own drugs, which distort and exaggerate the benefits by design. When these trials produce unflattering results, the data is simply buried. All of this is perfectly legal. In fact, even government regulators withhold vitally important data from the people who need it most. Doctors and patient groups have stood by too, and failed to protect us. Instead, they take money and favours, in a world so fractured that medics and nurses are now educated by the drugs industry. Patients are harmed in huge numbers.
Ben Goldacre is Britain’s finest writer on the science behind medicine, and ‘Bad Pharma’ is a clear and witty attack, showing exactly how the science has been distorted, how our systems have been broken, and how easy it would be to fix them. ”
- First pages – Reviews – on Flickr
- Ben Goldacre @bengoldacre LiveChat Comments on Big Pharma
- Pharmaceutical Companies deliberately mislead Doctors into prescribing useless, harmful Meds
- Big Pharma Executives aware of “issues” and failing to make them public
What are the two worst economic sectors in terms of pursuing profit instead of creating value?
According to Mr John Mackey, the CEO of Whole Foods, the answer is: Pharmaceuticals and investment banking. He believes corporations in those sectors “primarily exist to maximize the compensation of their executives and, secondarily, shareholder value rather than value creation for customers, employees, and other major stakeholders.”
UC Berkeley professor Robert Reich share his views and suggestions on how to make pharma companies into law abiding citizens
- Holding pharma executives personally liable for continuing patterns of criminal conduct that the company commits under their watch.
- Disgorging all profits that were booked on the brands involved during the period the transgressions occurred.
- Losing patent protection for at least two years on any product that benefitted from off-label marketing or similar violations.
- Vigorously applying the criminal law to reduce the illegal approach.
The pharmaceutical industry does not create cures, but customer$
” In medicine, we need to see all the results, positive and negative, to get a clear understanding of the overall risks and benefits of a treatment. If we only see the positive results, with the less flattering results withheld, then we get an exaggerated picture of the benefits. This can lead to bad treatment decisions. We can be misled into thinking an ineffective treatment is actually effective, meaning a patient is exposed to side effects unnecessarily, or deprived of another effective treatment that they would have had instead. We can be misled into thinking it’s worth enduring side effects for a large benefit, when in reality the benefits are only modest “.
Read Live Chat Transcript With Ben Goldacre:
How Bad Is the Pharma Industry?
More posts about Ben Goldacre
Did your mum take DES? These pills were manufactured by Eli Lilly
See more DES drugs photo set on flickr®
More DES DiEthylStilbestrol Resources
- DES studies on cancers and screening.
- DES studies on epigenetics and transgenerational effects.
- DES studies on fertility and pregnancy.
- DES studies on gender identity and psychological health.
- DES studies on in-utero exposure to DES and side-effects.
- DES studies on the genital tract.
- Papers on DES lawsuits.
- DES videos and posts tagged DES, the DES-exposed, DES victims.
Doctors end up prescribing useless (or harmful) medicines
” Writing in the Guardian, Ben Goldacre reveals the shocking truth about the drugs that doctors prescribe: thanks to aggressive manipulation from the pharmaceutical companies and passivity from regulators, doctors often don’t know that the drugs were ineffective (or harmful) in a majority of their clinical trials. ”
Read Pharmaceutical companies deliberately mislead doctors into prescribing useless and even harmful meds by Cory Doctorow, SEP 22, 2012.
Always marketing your next Illne$$
Being sick has never been easier thanks to Big Pharma
7 Shameful Examples of Big Pharma Fraud