In the first edition of this important bestselling book, praised by Newsday as “the bible for a whole generation of menopausal women”, renowned physician and pioneering women’s health advocate Dr. Susan Love warned about the potential dangers of the long-term prescription of hormone replacement therapy. Her insightful words of caution have been backed up by the stunning results of the recent studies on hormone replacement.
In the revised edition, Dr. Love offers a remarkably clear set of guidelines as to what the studies have shown about the risks regarding:
- heart disease
- breast cancer
- other conditions
- what effect hormone therapy has on osteoporosis.
She offers definitive expert advice about:
- whether or not to go on hormone replacement therapy and, if so, for how long
- as well as how to taper off hormones
- and she introduces the alternative methods for treating the symptoms of menopause.
Dr. Love stresses that menopause is not a disease that needs to be cured—it is a natural life stage, and every woman ought to choose her own mix of options for coping with symptoms. A questionnaire about your own health history and life preferences helps you develop a program that will best fit your unique needs. With clarity and compassion, she walks you through every option for both the short and the long term, including:
- lifestyle changes (diet, exercise, and stress management)
- alternative therapies (including herbs and homeopathic remedies)
- available medications other than hormones
Book reviews – More about Estrogens – HRT – Women’s Health
Visit Dr. Susan Love website, on Facebook and Twitter
- Watch the Diaporama, and the health books photo set on
- If you already have a flickr® account, add us as a contact.
Email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short description and title