Researchers estimate that 21% of medical care is unnecessary.
Kaiser Health News senior correspondent Liz Szabo moderated a discussion a panel of experts to explore overtreatment.
KHN panelists were:
- Dr. Louise Davies, An associate professor of otolaryngology – head and neck surgery in The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy & Clinical Practice
- Dr. Saurabh Jha, an associate professor of radiology at the University of Pennsylvania
- Dr. Barry Kramer, director of the division of cancer prevention at the National Cancer Institute
- Dr. Jacqueline Kruser, a pulmonologist and critical care physician at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
- Dr. Ranit Mishori, professor of family medicine at the Georgetown University School of Medicine.
- Video source : KHN was live.